Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Still Feeling Tropical

I just got home; and let me tell you something about growing up, getting married, and moving away from basically everyone you know - it's tough.  I'm definitely a home body.  Now I gotta find some kitten to cuddle with...

While at the beach house each family gets a night to cook.  Ours was friday and unfortunately my photography (if it can be called that) regressed.  So I had to pick some random-scramdoms to put on here... like of cayenne pepper...


*Anyways* I made Hot Crab Dip and Shrimp and Grits for my night, and the dip went over really well!


It's very creamy and cheesy.  Two of the most important things.  Sadly, the bread I got for dipping did not make it to Friday, so we used corn chips.  But those work well too. 

The shrimpies are hard for me.  They cook super fast, so it's hard to keep them from getting rubbery.  So be QUICK.

See all the butter? 


That's what makes it good and completely ruins the low-cal nature of shrimp. 
oh well, worth it!


And all that over thick, cheesy grits! Southern perfection! 

I also made an Orange Coconut Cake.  It was soooo yummy and refreshing with freshly squeezed orange juice.  That's right, no orange extract - just a whole butt-load of zest (watch out for zesters, they bite) and OJ.  


Ya, brought everything I needed: pans, zester, mixer, and nooooo cooling racks. You don't even want to know what the top of those cakes looked like...


Just a wonderful summer time cake! 


The icing is rich and sweet with cream cheese, orange zest, a lil OJ, and coconut.  It's basically the cake in icing form, and let me tell you - sugar coma!  So good!  

Try this out and you will not be disappointed!

Enjoy!






No comments: