Friday, July 15, 2011

Cupcake Drama...

I have to say, when I got the idea earlier this week to make some delightful, fluffy cupcakes with rich, chocolate icing, I was excited.


I mean, what could be better?  Lots of butter, lots of sugar...


Whipped up to fluffy perfection.  I keep using the word "fluffy", because thats what I expected.


But little did I know these cupcakes would do me so wrong...


Just look at this stuff!  It looks like a cloud of pure joy!  You would think they would turn out as light, airy, cakey happiness... but no. 


Well, here's my first mistake... I had mixed everything together and didn't have those decorative little cups to bake them in... So they were destined to be ugly from the beginning.  But when they came out of the oven - daaaaaaaang.  

They were super dense! I mean, they tasted ok, and they weren't burnt. But they were so dense... like Osmium.  Ok, not that dense... but still, I was upset.

The icing, however, was perfect! Perfect I say! 

Oh sweet redemption.  


Sure, it has two sticks of butter, sugar, sugar, coco, and sugar in it....


But it came together so well, and was very rich!


I know the cupcake looks kinda sad... and that the icing has a questionable shape... but they do taste yummy.  They are just dense and rich... like a pop star... they were born that way... 

I am going to revisit cupcakes again someday... and hopefully with better results.


Till then I'll just have to console myself with some of these!

Cupcake recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, and chocolate icing courtesy of Allrecipes.com.

3 comments:

Ila Stuart said...

It's ok we all make mistakes. :)

Mrs B said...

Trying again

Mrs B said...

Your recipe needs baking powder!