Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lazy Saturday

I took a break from baking this weekend.


Probably for the best... (i.e. my chunky thighs... )

So the Mr. and me had blackened chicken with salad.  Simple.  Light.  

He doesn't like tomato or green peppers on his salad... so I bought goat cheese (awesome) and artichokes to spice things up.. and then forgot the artichokes.. 


I also made some crock pot Chicken Creole.  Crock pot meals are the best things ever.  Just throw stuff in there, and turn it on.  This is also a super healthy meal.  Healthy means less carbs, and more flavors, so season up! 


This does have a jalapeno in it, which does add some spiciness.  You can leave that out, or say "bring it on" and take it like a man.  

I'm kidding.  

It's really not that intense. 


Tabasco also adds a nice touch!

Have I told you about our neighbor? We went for a walk this morning, and there she was staring at us in the parking lot when we got back like she does everyday.  I'm sure she means no harm... right?  Maybe she's just getting her vitamin D.... right?

Speaking of vitamins, do you know what's good for you?  Eggs.  Eggs and whole wheat.



Eggs in a basket are a great way to start or end the day.  It's also a cheap, delicious breakfast for newlyweds on a budget... like me...

Just don't burn that toast...  twice....

Simple Eggs in a Basket (or wow-may-I-have-some-more-thanks toast.)

2 Slices of whole wheat (or white) bread
BUTTER (I used Smart Balance.. but that's because I was being pretentious.)
2 Eggs
Salt and Pepper

1.  Heat up a large sauce pan to medium-low heat.  Next, butter both sides of the bread, and then use a knife to cut a hole in the middle of each piece (a circular cookie cutter would work wonders... too bad I don't own one...)

2.  Place the buttered bread in the sauce pan, and when the butter melts on the top, flip it.  I crack the egg into a small bowl and season it at this point. 

3.  Pour the egg into the basket you cut once you have flipped the toast.  Cook the eggs to your desired temperature and enjoy!  

No comments: