Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beach Times

I finally made it!


Such a wonderful, calm, and beautiful place.  I love love love being able to walk out my back door, and straight onto the sand.  

It's been an adventurous couple of days.  This is Mr. Gingerbread's first vacation with the whole family as my husband.  He's fitting right in, and no one is holding back their funky quirks anymore... 

We've also been fishing a lot.  He's really into this fishing thing.  We have managed three trips to Half Hitch Tackle shop in the four days since we arrived.  I caught a big salt water catfish the other night, and managed to let a lady fish go this morning right as it was in the surf.  


An awesome storm rolled in yesterday.  So we stayed in and watched "The King's Speech."  If you haven't seen it - go now and rent.  

Funny story. 

You know those rings you exchange on your wedding day?  Those ones with the whole everlasting bond attached to them? (Mr. Gingerbread says "covenant" is a better word.)  


Well, my husband, whom I love, LOST his....

It was in the canvas bag, then it was not, then it was lost.  

I cried and got really sad.  You see, I bought it with my own money for him, and it was THE ring after all that was used in our ceremony.  

I dug in the sand for hours... I looked everywhere... twice.  Three times.  A lot.

Finally, Dad and I drove to Destin and bought a metal detector.  And tonight at about 10:06 pm, I found that little b******.  I was so happy and relieved, and sub-burned.  

I'm a ginger after all. 



No comments: