Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pork Chops with Cream Sauce

It's quick and delicious.  But pork chops are tricky.  Cook too long it's like a piece of rubber, not long enough there is the possibility of making yourself sick... and I am NOT doing that with 4 days left between me and a beach vacation!


I start with butter.. and probably (definitely) more than the recipe calls for.  Then you season those lil guys with salt and pepper and throw (gently place) them in the hot butter.  Add some wine and when they get done, pull them out!


My favorite part it still to come.  Please take a moment to take in my super cheap wine. 


ok.

Now my favorite.  I love mushrooms. I like them raw, I like them cooked.  Everything.  And they are only made better when cooked in butter, heavy cream, and wine. 



I always put too much wine and cream in.  So it took an extra long time for the sauce to reduce down.  

We enjoyed this with a side of wheat couscous and green beans (buttered).  The butter was Smart Balance so I hope that maybe makes it ok. probably not... I work out...

Pork Chops with Cream Sauce from Allrecipes.com 

Ingredients

4 boneless pork chops
  • salt and ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 cup white wine
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms

  • Directions:

  • Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and arrange in a single layer in pan.

  • Pan-fry for 2 minutes on each side to brown. 

  • Pour in wine, and cook until the chops are done. (160 - 165 degrees)
  •  
  • Remove chops from pan.

  • Pour cream into the sauce pan, and then add chopped up mushrooms.  Increase heat to high; cook for 5 minutes (or until mushrooms are done), stirring frequently. 

  • Return chops to pan to warm.

  • Enjoy!







No comments: