Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bread Fail...

When I was at my Granny's house, she would take her perfect dinner roll dough and place it in a big greased pan and put it on the stove top.  She put it on a hot burner to help it rise...

I tried that today..

Half of my dough was baked on the bottom of the greased pan, and I was too panicked to take a picture... d***


It looks ok, but it is half the size it's supposed to be.  This is cinnamon pull apart bread from Joy the Baker.  Her photography is waaaaa-hay-hay-hay better than mine, and her bread looks immaculate.  She has tons of good looking recipes.


Subliminal message: you need this...


It was surprisingly easy to make.  A little messy.  And stressful if you cook half your dough in the greased pan on top of the stove like I did... still learning.


Obviously, it's up-side down. I was letting it cool.  I know, I know, "what the %$#& are you doing letting it cool!? You should be eating that with coffee, whip cream, anything.. "

I'm taking it to the beach house family vacation for breakfast one day, but trust me it took a lot of will power not to pull off one of those ends and dig in! It smelled won-der-ful! 

The next loaf I made today was Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread.  A healthier version of a classic breakfast bread.  It has honey instead of sugar, and whole wheat flour instead of regular flour. 


Can you tell my photography is slllllooooowwwwwly improving?? 


Cooked to perfection.  Sure took a long time... I usually do about 45 minutes, even though it asks for 55.


I feel accomplished.  The end. 
  

No comments: