Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First Post, and it shows...

Here it goes! This is my first post, so I thought I would begin with telling you a little bit about me.  In December I married the man of my dreams, and then moved to Florida.  In the span of two weeks my life changed considerably.  As my hubby and I adjust to the relative domestic tranquility of married life, we also have to adjust to a new town.  And though my husband has a job, I still do not, so I have a LOT of time on my hands...

With this time I have begun to teach myself some cooking skills.  In school I never had time to cook... my meals were mainly fried and sooo delicious...
One of my favorite places!  If you've never been there.... oh man you need to make your way to the nearest Cane's and get you some!  And. the. sauce. oh wow.  Mouth-gasm.  

Then I got married, and my husband is all about some whole wheat and health food... and a budget.  Married budgets are not as fun as single people budgets.  Single people budgets have a lot of shoes involved.  Married people budgets have a lot of student loans involved.  So I was forced to start cooking a lot at home.  And with all my free time, start some baking experiments as well.  


This was my first attempt at bread.  It's a honey whole wheat bread from Allrecipes.com, a wonderful website with great recipes and ratings.  I know it doesn't look like the picture... but hey I'm a bride! 



No comments: