Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Only 3 more days...

The test is in three days, and though I've gotten the "oh, don't worry," and "wow, I didn't even study for it," I'm still nervous.  Getting certified to teach is an expensive process.  The tests are $200 and if you fail, they are more expensive the second time around...

Regardless of all this, my newly-wed duties don't stop.  I cooked, but I use that term loosely... as I don't consider a jar of spaghetti sauce and a 1 pound of ground beef reeeeally cooking.

Once a week, we do breakfast for dinner.  This week we did easy omelettes.


Sometimes I wish I could afford all those super-earthy, natural ingredients.  As you can see, my eggs are snowy white with minimal spots.  I'm not as posh as my blogging counterparts, but hey, I'm a beginner! Up until about 6 months ago, I had zero time to cook, much less try to take intricate, macro pictures...

I'm sorry to say, but poor lighting, poor camera operation, and really poor photography spoiled all my dreams of amazing macro glory.  It's a work in progress. 

Imagine perfectly staged foodie pictures with vibrant, shredded cheddar, delicious sliced turkey, and sweet caramelized onions.  All of this on top of fluffy, perfectly cooked eggs.  

Ok, not that pretty.. but everyday it gets a little nicer and a little more delicious.  


P.s. on my trip to Memphis last weekend, I passed this sign and was at peace with the world. 




No comments: