Monday, August 15, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

Church lunches.  I love church lunches.  Everyone brings something delicious, and to my knowledge the food has never run out!


Our church does it by alphabet, and this time we got the starches or vegetables...


Now I love vegetables and all... but I needed some starch in my life.  


So I got a bag of baby red skin potatoes, and cut them all up.  Mr. Gingerbread said my pieces were too big, so I cut them up a little smaller... don't do that. You will end up with crispy, super cooked potato crunchies.


My mom makes these with parmesan cheese... but when I called her to see what temperature the stove needed to be, I realized I did not have any parmesan cheese.


So, Mr. Gingerbread comes up with rosemary roasted potatoes, from his distant past of working at Carrabbas, easily my favorite italian restaurant.  I had already been to publix twice that day... and I wasn't going back.


Oh and let me tell you about the battle with the rosemary.  If you don't cut dry rosemary up a little bit, it can be like eating a Christmas tree.  So I put them on the cutting board to cut them up.  I used dry rosemary, and every time I tried to cut it, it exploded, bouncing off of everything... It was EVERYWHERE by the time I was done... 


Thankfully, it came out of the oven looking good, and I managed to get a little bit at lunch too.  


You know it's good when you take home an empty dish!!

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
4-5 Tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons Rosemary
8 lbs small red skin potatoes
3 Clove garlic, minced

1. Clean and cut red potatoes into bite size pieces

2. Mince garlic cloves.

3. Coat potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Add in minced garlic.

4. You can cut up the dry rosemary, put the dry rosemary in a coffee grinder, or just sprinkle it all over the potatoes as is.

5. Toss potatoes in seasoning till covered.  Cut the butter into small cubes and place all over the potatoes.

6.  Put the potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.  Stir twice during roasting to keep them from sticking to baking dish.

Enjoy!

No comments: