Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Back Friends!

Oh how I missed you! I tell you what, no one tells you how much work your first year as a teacher is going to be.  No one told me I was going to get to work an hour early in the morning and still work till 10:00pm.  I remember in my Harry and Rosemary Wong book, "The First Days of School", how they say "tired" teachers aren't thriving, they're surviving.  Well, no offense to The Wongs, but I think I'm exhausted because I'm leaving it all on the field! I am working hard, and I can feel it!


So late last night, I made myself a treat. Not only because I magically lost 10 lbs. in the first week of school, but also because I deserve it!


Can you guess what it is? My mom used to make this with me all the time.  That's when she would share the secret to soft, chewy cookies...


I just gave it away.  But that's ok.


Look at that silky, buttery, sugar mix! So good!


I shouldn't haven't used this picture... but I thought the shadows made it look a little mysterious!


I have been slacking on the dishes so much since work started... It gets down right crazy... I haven't cooked this little since I was in college.  My poor husband has had to jump in and survive! If he didn't cook, we would have had coffee for dinner and diet pepsi for dessert...


I eat this like it's going out of style... I want to just mix it into ice cream and call it a day!


Thankfully I made it to this point.  Soft, chewy cookies with a cold glass of milk = thank you so much, you worked so hard. These kids have no idea what goes into their education...


I do. 

Chewy Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies (Courtesy of Nestle)

2 ¼ Cups All-purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup (2 delightful sticks) butter, softened
¾ Cups granulated sugar
¾ Cups packed brown sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Large eggs
2 Cups (12 oz. Package) of Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.

4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

5. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.

6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for a little over 10 minutes or until golden brown around the bottom and slightly on top. Watch them carefully! If they get too brown you will have crispy cookies instead of chewy!


p.s. Gigi says "Hola!"



Watch out, she might see into your soul with those buggin' eyes!

1 comment:

Ila Stuart said...

I want a dog just like yours! She looks so cute!