Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where has my life gone...

Unemployment was not really that fun.  I mean, I had just moved to a new town, so I didn't know anybody.  I didn't know where anything was, and wouldn't want to go by myself anyways.  My husband worked an 8-6 job; it was just lonely.  The apartment could only be so clean, I could only bake so many cookies.... and I was definitely not going to work out more than once a day (which turned to zero times a day after a visit to the back doctor...).

Now I have a job, and as you can see from the date of my last post, it soaks up every moment of my day.  Usually, I wake up at 6 so that I can get to work early.  I do this mostly for the copier...  If you're a teacher, you know what I mean.

Today there was finally a respite from the grind.  Appropriate for a Sunday.  So I baked some more whoopie pies.  These are AWESOME!!  They are from JoyofBaking.com.  The cookies are a lot softer than the last recipe I tried, and the icing is tastier too.  I'm not a big fan of crisco in icing, but it really does make it nice and fluffy, and doesn't taste too bad either!! Crisco can do anything...


(photo courtesy of Joyofbaking.com)

I probably ate three of these in the amount of batter I consumed.  I was wondering why I ended up with an odd number of cookies...  Oh well... P.S. I bought one of those cool, slidey ice cream scoops. So all my whoopie cookies were the same size, and they look amazing!

The ice cream scoop inspired me to make more meat balls this week.  I am perfecting my own recipe.  It is coming along, but could still use some tweeks here and there.

I hope this reminds my readers I'm still here, and I will try to post more often.  P.P.S. this week someone (cough, cough) will be 24.  While someone else (cough Mr. Gingerbread cough) turned 30 last week.  He's half way to 60, and I'm almost half way to 50... yikes...

No comments: